[Magdalen] Liver.

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 15:25:31 UTC 2016

Liver was a treat for us when I was growing up....surprised? But it was
something my dad didn't like, so we had it on the rare occasions when he
was away at supper time, at a faculty meeting or some such. IIRC, my mother
dusted it lightly with flour/salt/pepper and fried it just until tender and
served it with lightly sautéed onions. She knew how to do it right, being a
Depression kid. We didn't usually get bacon with it, though.

We get liver from our online grocery. It's from locally raised, grass-fed
beef, and oh, boy, the difference in taste from commercially raised liver!
I often cook it just until tender and then make a sauce with red wine,
onions, and green peppers (mushrooms if I have them), but I may try it your
way, David. What else will be served with it?