[Magdalen] Kareem Abdul-Jabbar?

Grace Cangialosi gracecan at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 20:39:27 UTC 2016

IAN David, but I remember an interesting situation with a young man in a parish I was serving years ago. He'd been baptized in the Methodist Church as a baby, then became a Mormon and had to undergo their form of baptism. Finally he saw the light (!) and became an Episcopalian. But before he could be received, the priest told him he would have to be baptized yet again, presumably to counter the effects of the Mormon baptism.  I've always thought that was strange, but that particular priest is a real stickler for the letter of the law, so to speak, so it didn't really surprise me.
The young man in question is now an Episcopal priest.