[Magdalen] A delightful evening

ROGER STOKES roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Tue Apr 19 13:20:02 UTC 2016

We were told that the chef learnt how to cook from his mother and, of course, in the Orthodox calendar, we are still in Lent.
Roger

    On Tuesday, 19 April 2016, 7:19, Joseph Cirou <romanos at mindspring.com> wrote:

 Middle Eastern Cuisine is relatively plentiful here in Atlanta, and it was abundant in Chicago as well. Often the best is from the home. I have tasted yogurt as delicious as that made by the Assyro-Chaldeans in Chicago. Altho I am sure the denizens of that cuisine in Detroit are well satisfied. I also think of Abouna's remark,"Our best food comes out during Great Lent.' Some years ago the Assyrian and Chaldean Patriarchs/Catholicoi vistited Chicago and there was a he banquet in the middle of Great Lent. All except the clergy were dispensed from the fast from meat. I was not disappointed. We had a marvelous vegetarian/vegan Assyrian Feast. I wonder how many in the crowd were envious of what we were enjoying.

Mabrouk!

Joe