[Magdalen] Belated prayer request.

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Thu Apr 21 13:35:42 UTC 2016

Last week, though ending with a slight clue or two, ended pleasantly at work.  And then Monday morning happened.  Details would take too long.  Let's just say that my fresh new boss discovered to her horror and indignation how incompetent and inadequate I've been all along since she took over, and all in plain sight yet.  (Recall, a section of 7 is now down to 2, but the work has not changed.)  After having been praised, once again, on Thurs and Fri for how great a team we are, this trash dump Monday (especially as I was trying my damndest to get as much done as I could before crawling back home and to bed (viralness of late, recall) was anything but uplifting.  And my only being able to muster the requisite energy to email our two front office staff about my Tuesday ill absence, and not her as well, was her final tinder spark.

Seems I need more oversight, more corraling of my duties, oddly enough amounting to less of them in the long run because some things now belong to her and someone else (fine), but I also need more false compassion, more elevated tones, more not even bothering to play the "get my input then discount it" game, but rather "don't even solicit it in the first place, because it's incompetent".

My division chief apparently still has my back, and will meet with us during our now twice-weekly meetings (once was often too much; let's add another) today, during which I hope to only speak truth to power, meaning very little, but I'm way past whitewashing like I was before.

How ironic that just a couple weeks ago I finetuned my union membership.  Life can be a bit sweet, sort of.

So that's this morning, then late this afternoon I must accompany her on a site visit to Castroville.  But to sit in the same vehicle with her, listening to whatever it will be she tries to use to seem normal again?  Or maybe she won't.  Maybe I should just bring a book along.