[Magdalen] USA Today

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 04:35:18 UTC 2016

I rejoiced in its appearance; it was meant to be a visual presentation of the news in the age of television, and indeed the vending boxes from which one could buy a copy were meant to look like TVs. USA Today was meant to be the Short Attention Span Theatre of printed news: no story went to a jump page except the main story in each section, and its jump page was always the next page. Color defined the sections, and the weather was a beautiful page always on the back of the News section.

The nation was always called the USA, never the U.S. Or anything else.

They inevitably did a remake that ruined a lot of that. But I guess the original design was a bit confining.

I think the big blue dot is stupid and they should return to the original design.

Sent from my iPad