[Magdalen] Superior North Shore - help please

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 01:34:23 UTC 2016

Are you going to drive across the Mackinac bridge??
Lynn

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 23, 2016, at 5:17 PM, Eleanor Braun <eleanor.braun at gmail.com> wrote:

I found these:

From David Strang:
Do drive up the Lake Superior North Shore at least as far as the
famous Split Rock Lighthouse, and also take a good look at the
Duluth Aerial Bridge.  Just across the Saint Louis Bay is  Superior,
Wisconsin, my maternal family epicenter.  The Apostle Islands
over on the Wisconsin Lake Superior shore are worth seeing, too,
and Bayfield on the Chequamegon Bay.

From Dan Britten:
If you get to Split Rock, go just to the north side of Two Harbors and stop
at Betty's Pies.

From Lynn Ronkainen:
...and if you're driving along Lake Superior, consider going up into the
Keweenaw Peninsula and driving up or down Brockway Mt. Drive... which
begins or ends, depending on which direction you take, in Copper Harbor. A
lovely drive, with overlooks of the lake, that was built during the
depression by the CCC (Civilian Conservation Corps. a program under
President Roosevelt to employ people and develop many of our national and
state held lands/parks etc).

Eleanor

On Sat, Apr 23, 2016 at 5:51 PM, ROGER STOKES <roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com