[Magdalen] A good idea?

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 13:44:39 UTC 2016

Yes, I think these trends are regional, certainly not national. Cremation
has been common in New England throughout my lifetime (although my mother
chose burial). Also, having come from a navy town, burial-at-sea. I was
surprised to read (in my hometown newspaper) that a woman I babysat for
long ago had opted for burial-at-sea (she was an avid sailor).

As I've said before, my funeral instructions call for cremation with my
ashes dumped into a sand castle in Provincetown at low tide. My friends who
attend (a small number, all friends of the gf, who will comfort and support
her) get a free weekend eating, drinking, dancing and sunning (and anything
else that adults enjoy) in gay paradise on me :-)

As Chad says, convenience is built in. I'm confident I'll be scattered on a
fine beach day in July or August. Or maybe early September.
-M