[Magdalen] Sn*w!

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Tue Apr 26 23:13:18 UTC 2016

In a message dated 4/26/2016 1:46:22 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
charles.wohlers at verizon.net writes:

Hope  it’s better where you all are -

Well, no snow, but it clears off at night and there are some  resultant
dangerous low temperatures:  35 F three times this week.  That's  too
close for comfort with my peach tree in full bloom, and ditto for the
PJM rhododendrons, and Asiatic magnolias.  They can't tolerate  ANY
frost.  Lilacs are all set as well as the viburnums.

There has been much needed rain, not that the soil needs it so much,
but because until the leaves are on the trees and the ground cover  green
(ferns, grasses, etc.) there is constant danger of fire.  The  largest
wild fire in decades is currently over to the east of us along the
Delaware River.  Homes have been treatened.

We worked in the garden yesterday; it was lovely.

David Strang.