[Magdalen] Duluth & the North Shore

ROGER STOKES roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Wed Apr 27 02:46:26 UTC 2016

I read at the Maritime Museum about the creation of the canal while there were legal moves to stop it.  By the time the court order arrived it was too late as the canal already existed,nature having amplified the effect of human effort in digging a channel in the sandbar.  I understand that there are still two approaches to the docks - Duluth and Superior - hence the name of the twin ports.

Roger