[Magdalen] error

Sally Davies sally.davies at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 05:49:02 UTC 2016

Good grief, Brud, you really cannot make this stuff up.

Perhaps said doctor should go through some cognitive testing also.

!!

Round here, I'm rather tired of doctors (and sometimes other people)
whipping out the D word whenever there are problems with memory, or
organisation or whatever, without doing the work-up that should go with
that. It's upsetting for patients and their families, and doesn't even mean
much in terms of a treatment response (as yet).

I was heartened to hear on the news earlier this week that the latest stats
from the UK are reporting a significant decline in dementia, amongst men
(not women so much). The theory is that improved health habits are making
the difference. What's good for the heart is also good for the brain, at a
physical level as well as every other way.

Sally D