[Magdalen] For Lynn

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 19:47:18 UTC 2016

Hello Roger... thanks for asking. The street in front of the church was dry
by the morning of my mom's memorial service (having been a river only 2 days
before).  All went well, except that I forgot that the RC church has a
propensity to only sing one or two verses of hymns. My mom had left
direction for 5 hymns, which was the amount requested for use during the
service. After singing partial hymns  for the first three during the
service, after receiving communion I approached the organist - we were in a
small chapel and he was in the corner and accessible - and asked if he would
*please* play the communion hymn and recessional all the way through... he
seemed to indicate that he would and then he did not.  I coped with this by
remembering all the times my mom came to church with me (before she moved to
TX) and ALWAYS said how nice it was that Episcopalians sang the hymns all
the way through : ).... and my other coping mechanism from years ago came
through for me also... I call it 'flowers at the wedding'.... if the bride
gets to the church and the bridal party's flowers are not as expected, just
go with the flow... and don't let it ruin the day/moment etc... : )

Yes... rain and bad weather are supposed to visit this area all weekend. We
did have a big storm before daybreak today (Saturday) , but only rain in my
neck of the woods. Tonight is supposed to be worse and N/NE of here, so
hopefully we will remain unflooded. Up near Dallas there have been terrible
tornadoes and hail.  One remaining danger here is high winds as the
saturated ground easily 'gives up' large trees which blow over and have
fallen on people, houses and vehicles during the course of the last week.
Also the saturation level is part of the formula for the odds of flooding
depending on how much and how fast any additional rain brings.

So far, high enough and dry,
Lynn

website: www.ichthysdesigns.com

attributed to Erma Bombeck