[Magdalen] trip and a listmeet

Judy Fleener fleenerj at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 00:47:59 UTC 2016

Bill and I spent the week-end in Ohio driving 700 miles and watching 2
grandsons play the sports they love. The 21 year old lives in Tennessee.
This summer he played baseball in Muskegon in a wood bat league that played
in the National Amateur Baseball Association league for college baseball
players.  Logan plays shortstop and had a great summer.  The team was 22
and 1.  We watched them play in Toledo in this league's national
championship. There were 24 teams in the tournament and they made it to the
round of 8.  When he finished we dove to Lodi south of Cleveland where
Jared, 17, played in a week-end of soccer games.  This was an amazing
endeavor.  There were 30 soccer fields where play began at 9 and the last
game started at 7 on Friday and Saturday.  Sunday games began at 9,  I'm
not sure when tthey ended. The outcome for this was not as successful.
Over the week-end Jared's high school team was 2-3 &1

When we arrived at the soccer fields and the Holiday Inn where we were
staying, we realized that we were in Eric Funston's territory.  We arrived
a few minutes early and met Eric in the hall.  We have not been greeted as
the Fleenerbabe and Fleenerdude in many years.  Eric is a fine preacher and
a good liturgist and I loved being there. It was good to see him.

I am struggling with my parish at the moment and this was really a pleasant
day for me.

--
Judy Fleener, ObJN,SSH
Western Michigan