[Magdalen] Third World Country?

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Tue Aug 2 03:41:06 UTC 2016

In a message dated 8/1/2016 10:03:36 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
houstonklr at gmail.com writes:

Sorry to  hear about power out and damages. Check Home Depot for better
price on  generators. Not "whole House" but I think enough for the basics  -
fridge  , tv, computer and small electronics ( not AC for instance)
Lynn>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Three years ago -

After a series of especially numerous outages with loss of
our entire frozen food supply, etc., we marched off to a local
dealer and bought a generator for about $2,000.  Then, of
course, six months or so passed before we needed it, and
it turned out to be a disaster because it was just too difficult
for us, both disabled, to haul out and set up.  We couldn't
return the generator at that point.

In the end, we gave it to my son-on-law, Neal, who was here
with daughter, Wendy, as a reward for clearing and closing
out our 2 rental storage units.  Neal is a real athlete, and
has no trouble setting it up for the occasional outages they
experience in suburban Denver.

So for us, the way to go would be a permanently mounted
generator that cuts in automatically with power outage (outrage!).

David S.