[Magdalen] More screws definitely seem to be coming loose...

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Wed Aug 3 20:20:59 UTC 2016

In a message dated 8/3/2016 3:46:00 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
gracecan at gmail.com writes:

That is  totally bizarre! Do you suppose he thought she was
plastic?>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The (plastic) pink flamingo craze is everywhere.  It would be
interesting to find how this craze originated.  Being a John
Waters fan, I tend to relate it to his first color film, "Pink  Flamingos,"
but OTOH that film already uses plastic pink flamingos, so the
phenomenon must have started earlier.

In any case, I have 50 of them in my garden and they are visible
from the street.  I periodically move the flock, much to the
amusement of passersby.  My Alma Mater has an annual pink
flamingo time when the main undergraduate mall is decorated.

Just google Bascom Hall UW-Madison Pink Flamingos.  There
are plenty of pictures..

David S.