[Magdalen] Trump to back out?

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Thu Aug 4 18:59:26 UTC 2016

In a message dated 8/4/2016 1:04:33 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
scottknitter at gmail.com writes:

We've  had other parties before; it seems like the two major ones are
regarded as  set in stone forever now. Need that be  so?>>>>>>>>>>>>>

My father was enamored of the Progressive Party and of one of
its leaders, Robert M. Lafollette, Senator from Wisconsin.   Former
President Theodore Roosevelt ran unsuccessfully on that ticket.

Eventually, most of the Progressives folded into the Republican
Party, forming a "Progressive" wing that lasted for years.  My
father counted himself a Progressive Republican.

It was an appropriate scenario for my father, who had originally
been named for then President Grover Cleveland when dad was
born in 1880.  My grandfather then became disenchanted with
Cleveland, and changed my father's name to Clive.  Dad then
struggled the rest of his life with mail addressed to "Olive Strang."

David S.