[Magdalen] Trump's economic advisors

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 00:17:15 UTC 2016

Pardon me while I digress, Grace...here I go...

There's a good phrase for the "Corporatespeak Bingo" card: "At a later
time." I'm not surprised Trump's campaign would use it (I had to get a
dig in there somewhere.) Interesting how "later" incorporates 100% of
the meaning in that phrase, which means the other three words are just
rhythm or space-filler. Lots of Corporatespeak terms are like that:

on a monthly basis (again with the three empty words)
costs will increase over time (as opposed to the costs that increase
in kairos timelessness...or perhaps there are costs that increase in
space rather than over time)
possesses the capability to (There's an interesting category of words
called "modal" or "helping" verbs, which are cool because they're
short..."can" is the one I'm thinking of)

Just having fun on a break from actual editing...

Sorry for my diversion! :)

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA