[Magdalen] Rent.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sat Aug 6 01:02:03 UTC 2016

In a message dated 8/5/2016 4:06:00 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
scottknitter at gmail.com writes:

I admit  it took me more than one annual visit to our Benedictine
community's abbey  (a large home in Houston, with a two-story "great
room" that has been  fitted out as the oratory) before I realized there
is no basement.  :)

I guess I visualized and assumed a basement was there but

On a tangent -

I think it was Fountains Abbey (Cistercian) in England that was so
designed that the monks' sewerage was deposited directly into the
river that ran by the Abbey complex.  This was probably fine for  the
monks, but not so fine for anyone living downstream.

David S.