[Magdalen] Sermons

Marion Thompson marionwhitevale at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 23:08:21 UTC 2016

I heard a super sermon this morning.  My comment to the priest after was
'powerful'.  It had to do quite a bit with putting God and awe back in
our hearts and personal worship and getting away from  chatty
complacence.  Anyway I thought it was wonderful and motivating and made
its mark.  Not so much the others, it seems. They know they are good
people and felt they were being scolded and some viewed the chatty
before the service as their ministry, and they told him so.  Really.   I
wonder if they have ever read Pierre Berton's book _The Comfortable Pew_.

Marion, a pilgrim