[Magdalen] Sermons

Arthur Laurent ALaurent at npr.org
Mon Aug 8 01:22:48 UTC 2016

Because I want quiet and contemplation, and a prayerful place within a church setting, I show up well before Mass (like, an hour before), and stay after the electric lights have gone out. In between, the service seems  a somewhat-organized Bedlam. It makes for a long, but pleasant Sunday.

Most of the Episcopalians and Catholics who worship with me seem to have little understanding of the depths of their liturgy or the importance of Communion.

Arthur

<...  It had to do quite a bit with putting God and awe back in our hearts and personal worship and getting away from  chatty complacence...