[Magdalen] Death in the city

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 20:02:27 UTC 2016

I dearly love Chicago and would love to stay here always, but between
the violence (not so far away, either...I've heard a fatal gang
shooting as I sat here in our apartment) and the expense (needing to
ratchet down the outgo from an income that should be more than
adequate), I'm thinking I'd like us to move. That's not something I
ponder lightly.

Chicago marks deadliest day in 13 years with nine homicides on Monday
Of the 19 people shot in Chicago Monday, nine of them were killed,
marking the most homicides in a single day in the city since July 5,
2003, according to a Tribune analysis of police data.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA