[Magdalen] The Donald Again

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Thu Aug 11 19:12:06 UTC 2016

In a message dated 8/11/2016 3:00:24 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
houstonklr at gmail.com writes:

Even in  the early '60s I had always heard that it was in case of foreign
invasion,  for troop movement (modeled after the autobahn's of Germany).
There are  built-in stretches where landing planes could be

Until fairly recently, the French autoroutes from the German border  to
Paris and beyond were scattered to non-existent.  The late  General
(and President) Charles de Gaulle was asked why this should be.

His response which is quite understandable was:  "I'm not going  to
authorize superhighways from the German border to Paris!"

The other related quotation attributed to de Gaulle is that he"just  loved
Germany."  he "loved Germany so much" he "preferred there be TWO  of
them."

David Strang.