[Magdalen] Prayer Requests (2): Update and R.I.P.

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 17:35:27 UTC 2016

Update: Larry Gaber, husband of my forever friend Polly, who keeled over
unexpectedly a couple of days after I visited them and did some time in ICU
as a result, has visited a cardiac electrophysiologist (known to us in the
business as an electrician <g> and much respected) and is scheduled for a
biventricular resynchronization and defibrillator implant this coming
Tuesday, Aug. 16. Those things are not fun, and he is of course very
nervous, as is Polly. Neither of them has the benefit of much cardiac
background, but Polly reports they are extremely impressed with the doctor.
Anyway, your prayers are requested for all of them.

And your prayers are requested for the repose of Doster "Doc" DeHaven, a
legendary musical figure in my hometown of Madison, WI. He was not only a
jazz giant (David S. may remember him) but did amazing things for music
education in the city. Gabriel will have another companion as Doc takes his
place alongside such giants of the trumpet as Louis Armstrong. Rest well,
Doc, and play that horn in glory!