[Magdalen] Assumpta est.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sun Aug 14 19:11:07 UTC 2016

Tomorrow is the Feast of the Assumption/Dormition/St. Mary the  Virgin.
It's also a feast day for the Orthodox, showing it's ancient  origin.

Many church choirs cut their summer vacations short to sing for this
feast day.

The weather always seems hot and humid.

The  Proper text for the feast has several versions depending
on the date of the missal, but this text is in all of them:

Communion:

Beatem me decent omnes generationes, quia fecit mihi magna
qui potens est.

All generations shall call me blessed, for He that is mighty hath  magnified
me.

David Strang.