[Magdalen] Drug research.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Wed Aug 17 04:23:29 UTC 2016

In a message dated 8/17/2016 12:06:53 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
mjl at ix.netcom.com writes:

I only  now looked into the Dapsone I'm on, waiting for it to build up
while the  Prednisone wanes over the weeks.  Though used for "various other skin
 conditions", I'm a little shocked that it was formulated mainly as a
leprosy  drug.  Wow!

Dermatology uses Dapsone, too.

It's quite the specific treatment for dermatitis herpetiformis.
Avoidance of gluten.helps also.

It will likely make you a little anemic secondary to  methemoglobinemia,
but this usually can be well managed and is not a problem.

And, yes, skin patients also get surprised when they read the drug is
used for leprosy.  So do the pharmaciests.

David Strang.