[Magdalen] Say Cheese!

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Fri Aug 19 01:15:58 UTC 2016

In a message dated 8/18/2016 8:50:10 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
cervus51 at gmail.com writes:

I'm  particularly fond of Cabot's Seriously Sharp Cheddar. Goes Extra Sharp
one  better.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The Trappist monks at Gethsemani Abbey/Monastery in Kentucky,
USA make some delicious fruitcakes, fudge candy, and in the
past, cheese that make great holiday gifts.

This past holiday season, the cheese, always available in wedges or  in
a small wheel, was "not available."  I called, and was told the
monks became tired of the endless regulations regarding the making
of cheese, and had given it up permanently.

That's too bad, because it was a very strong flavored cheese, and
just what I want for grilled cheese sandwiches.

I know it was coals to Newcastle, but I did send some of this cheese
to relatives in Wisconsin, and, predictably, it was too strong for  most
of them.

David Strang.