[Magdalen] The worthless tomato.

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Fri Aug 19 17:28:00 UTC 2016

Enjoying some cherry tomatoes here at work this morning, I decided to pursue said enjoyment while reading the "Tomato" Wikipedia entry.  I had absolutely no idea that there is virtually no nutrient content (as opposed to lycopene, the health properties of which are still out with the jury, apparently):

"A tomato is 95% water, contains 4% carbohydrates and less than 1% each of fat and protein.  In a 100 gram amount, raw tomatoes supply 18 calories and are a moderate source of vitamin C (17% of the Daily Value), but otherwise are absent of significant nutrient content."