[Magdalen] An update or 2 (3...).

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Sat Aug 20 04:39:40 UTC 2016

Medical.  Well into my second week of 40mg prednisone, and the results are "Grrrreat!" (ala Tony the Tiger).  The disease will only leave if it wants to, but hopefully the dapsone is taking over undercover while the prednisone is waned out over the next 6.5 weeks.

CFM exam.  I brought home the 575 pp study guide this weekend to begin reading.  I've got 2.5 weeks to get through it.  I've learned what I know via 13 years of actually doing it, so reading federal codes and acclimating myself to test questions geared more toward federal standards rather than the STRICTER ones we operate under here locally, will be an interesting mind-shift.  The good news is that I let slip (sic) today that I was ready to claim two days of vacation next month for my part-exam / part-vacation, and my boss nearly pooped herself.  I'm required to go up on a Thursday, which is a workday, and the exam is on the next day, a workday, so "it's straight time, Mike!"  I told her I'll trust her.  And damn if that isn't a good feeling.  I actually have two days on the books as of now.  If I can start accruing much, much more, ... I just... might... be able to take a real vacation someday.  Be still my heart.

Anna.  Today was her birthday.  We're not in the best communicational spot these days, so, hey.  Maybe waft a thought aloft for her every now and then.  It ain't easy turning 55.  (Shhhh.)

Me, I'm looking forward (still) to my gourmet pizza soon, a late night of TV, and a late sleep tomorrow.  It's been an odd week.  Trust me.