[Magdalen] An update or 2 (3...).

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Sat Aug 20 19:25:35 UTC 2016

>>>I will say, in agreement with many studies on the vacation subject,
that USA workers in both private and Government workplaces generally
do not use up their allotted vacation days.
This is mostly a fear that to take the full time is to jeopardize their
jobs.
There is a morbid feat that they will return from, say, a three week
vacation, and find someone else occupying their workspace.<<<

Precisely the need for a good, robust union.  In my public employment scenario, all vacations are pre-approved, from the top down, and any reprisal after the fact is litigation no one wants, so it doesn't happen.

I, for one, am a believer that vacation time is to be used, because it's earned.  And since I haven't had a real vacation since my ordination in 2004, I for one am looking forward to fresh accrual, bigly.