[Magdalen] AO

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 17:51:17 UTC 2016

while looking through an electronic file of saved quotes today I came across
this and thought how relevant it was to the AO essay. Not sure that NT would
think *this* applied to the subject matter however...
Lynn

What We Need
We don’t need…Christians who project their own insecurities out on to the
world and call it preaching the gospel. We need…Christians who will do for
the world what Jesus was doing. The Church must be prepared to stand between
the warring factions, and, like a boxing referee, risk being knocked out  by
both simultaneously. The Church must be prepared to act symbolically, like
Jesus, to show that there is a different way of living. The Church must be
prepared to be the agent of healing even for those…who are the lepers of
modern society. Taking up the cross is not a merely passive operation. It
comes about as the Church attempts, in the power of the Spirit, to be for
the world what Jesus was for the world—announcing the kingdom, healing the
wounds of the world, challenging the power structures that keep anger and
pain in circulation.

N. T. Wright
Source: Following Jesus

website: www.ichthysdesigns.com