[Magdalen] Florence Foster Jenkins

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 20:01:20 UTC 2016

Saw it today. Enjoyed it very much.

Not a big Hugh Grant fan, though. Another mannered, wooden performance from
him. He spends a good deal of screen time looking bewildered, determined,
then frozen. The usual.

The CGI automobiles drove me a bit batty, too.

Loved the costumes. And loved what Streep brought to the performance. Most
of the other actors seemed grimly determined to finish their work and get
the hell out of there.

Nowhere near as well-written as Julie and Julia, and the scipt didn't
really hold together.
-M