[Magdalen] Florence Foster Jenkins

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 20:47:06 UTC 2016

Did you hear the Norah Ephron interview where she talked about meeting
Streep (at the opera?) and having a conversation that began "What are you
working on now?"

Ephron said she she was going to direct Julie & Julia.

Streep replied enthusiastically, using Julia Child's voice.

Ephron then asked her if she'd be interested in the part.

I loved that movie. I loved the brutal contrast between the spiritual
poverty and desperation of post 9/11 life with the richness and joy of the
post-war world. God bless Norah Ephron. She milked something glorious out
of Julie Powell's dry little blog.
-M