[Magdalen] Cable internet.

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Thu Aug 25 20:54:37 UTC 2016

On 25/08/2016 20:21, Romain Kang wrote:

Not a name I recognize but welcome from the other side of the pond.

> Last I checked, Comcast charges the same for Internet only as they do
> for basic cable + Internet.  So it does seem like a racket. And we get
> decent over-the-air signal from the national networks, which is usually
> more than enough for our occasional use of realtime TV.

In this small country we get (in most areas including this) decent
terrestrial reception. In the (occasional) event that there are two
programmes on that I want to watch or (the more likely) I am out when
something I want to see is being broadcast then I can record a couple of
channels simultaneously.  Gig advantahe of watching pre-recirded is that
I can pause if I need to and fast forward through the commercials.

Roger