[Magdalen] Un-properly planned signs.

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Sat Aug 27 03:12:59 UTC 2016

I saw a couple such signs today, on the way across town to my credit union's new home (very angular, very metallic building, disturbingly sterile), but one, as always, stood out for me with a true warmth in my heart.  An age-old liquor-grocery store called Chin Brothers Market (on the edge of Salinas's still-slightly surviving "Chinatown").  But when they recently remodeled, the new sign now reads "Chin Brother's Market".  I always tap Everett and point to the sign, "WHICH Chin Brother?"

The other noteable experience during this localised long journey, was my bumping my elbow against one of the new uncomfortably angular surfaces at the new credit union.  I can't remember the last time I activated my "funny bone".  I came out to the car and told Everett, "I'm back in elementary school, and it's not my fault! Ow!"