[Magdalen] Thoughts at 5:30 AM

Judy Fleener fleenerj at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 15:53:10 UTC 2016

Sharing your prayers today.  And asking for prayers for my relationship
with my rector.  I have stayed away from church for the month of August.
Tomorrow we have a wonderful supply priest so I will be there.  Ginga, this
man did spend some time in South Carolina. Patrick Finn is his name. He was
also a  Navy chaplain.  His preaching is abominable.  He made me really
angry by saying that we tore the church apart over words we use to pray and
prayer positions.  I wrote him an email   saying I thought the struggle was
more about who was included and the ministry of the baptized. He never
responded.    We have not had a confirmation class in more than 10 years in
this place.  He has said he will start one using John Stott's basic
Christianity published in the 1950s.  I despair.

--
Judy Fleener, ObJN,SSH
Western Michigan