[Magdalen] Drug research.

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 15:01:26 UTC 2016

Here in the U.S., only M.D.s may prescribe psychoactive drugs.
Unfortunately, Drug companies have put big bucks into advertising ("Ask
your doctor if this medication is right for YOU!" blares the TV) and this,
plus loose regulations on which doctors may prescribe such, can lead to
some awful messes. IMNSHO, no doctor should be allowed to prescribe such
medications who has not taken an intensive course in psychopharmacology,
passed an exam with a sufficiently high score and been certified.
Furthermore, also IMNSHO, prescription drug advertising should be outlawed.
It is coercive and leads to patients who are poorly informed pestering
their doctors for medications which may not be in their best interests and
are generally very high-priced.

Stepping off my soapbox,
Jay