[Magdalen] Death in the city

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 18:08:34 UTC 2016

It's just getting worse all the time...from today's Tribune...

August most violent month in Chicago in 20 years

August is going down as the most violent month in Chicago in 20 years,
as weekend shootings raised the number of homicides this year to just
a few shy of all of last year.

A total of 67 people were shot over the weekend and 11 of them died.
It was one of the deadliest weekends this year and pushed the number
of homicides for the month to 84 with three more days to go, according
to data collected by the Tribune.