[Magdalen] Drug research.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Tue Aug 30 03:43:29 UTC 2016

In a message dated 8/29/2016 10:14:02 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jay.weigel at gmail.com writes:

found my  current PCP  >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Locally, (Hazleton, PA) the medical community has been shaken up
substantially by the purchase of what had been private practices
and a private hospital (Hazleton General Hospital) by the much larger
Lehigh Valley Hospital down in Allentown, PA.

The name of the local hospital has already been changed to Lehigh
Valley Hospital - Hazleton, and there will be a completely new  facility
in the near future (the land has already been purchased).

My provider, an internest, and his two sons, one a PA and the other
another internist, have seen their practice bought by Lehigh Valley
and are reeling from the required computerization, and the drop in
income this arrangement has caused.

OTOH, these three seem very busy, and it is harder to get an  appointment
now under the new system.

The Geisinger Clinic and another for profit have gobbled up  Wilkes-Barre
and Scranton medically.  The likelihood of a small family practice in  this
area is increasingly remote.

I went through the same thing in the Upper Midwest 30 years ago.

David S.