[Magdalen] Strange to think ...; was RIP Gene Wilder.

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Tue Aug 30 15:38:06 UTC 2016

I don't suppose there's many left from the heyday of Brooks-Wilder-ness.  And the ones that are, aren't terribly visible for whatever reasons.  The wonder, or maybe not wonder per se, but "wonder", is that Mel himself might end up burying most of them.

"The Producers" (original, but also the musical with Lane and Broderick) will always be my favorite, because it was my first.  Before a certain age, Zero was something of an idol of mine.  But Kenneth Mars as Franz Liebkind... "Der Fuhrer vas such a dancer!"

I guess we can all thank our lucky stars that Mel made "Blazing Saddles" when he did, because "The Twelve Chairs" nearly sunk him.  (A brilliant film, but still.)