[Magdalen] Strange to think ...; was RIP Gene Wilder.

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 17:08:35 UTC 2016

You've still got it to look forward to, then!

Still a classic. Earlier this year there was a special showing of it
in the Chicago Theater, followed by a discussion of the film with Mel
Brooks himself. I'm sure this was sold out and a full house.

In my younger days I was a major fan of Mel Brooks' History of the
World Part I, one of those films with cameo appearances from
absolutely everybody in comedy. (Another film like that was It's a
Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World.) Then I saw it again a few years ago and
thought, "This is terrible! Why did I like this?" But it does have its
classic moments.

Blazing Saddles has endured and held up for me, though. Well worth
seeing many times over. And no, not just for the campfire scene that
everyone talks about.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA