[Magdalen] RIP Gene Wilder.

Grace Cangialosi gracecan at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 13:30:46 UTC 2016

Actually, I have that book on order. I guess I wasn't thinking of Trump supporters only in terms of "hillbilly" culture, which to me suggests a mountain culture with which I'm very familiar. But I guess there is a similarity in all situations of white poverty. (And I'm saying "white poverty," because that appears to be one of the main groups supporting Trump, while he has little support in the African-American community.)

And before you jump on me, please note that I'm not suggesting all of Trump's white supporters are poor. I'm saying that seems to be a large segment of his supporters.
I've been distressed this week to see two enormous "Trump-Pence" at major intersections in our county. But, over all, this is a white, working-class community with a high-school education or less. There is a large group of professionals who have moved here, but we are definitely in the minority. People in the area who don't live in this county are often surprised that there are any Democrats here at all!