[Magdalen] DMV Miracle!

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 19:07:14 UTC 2016

On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 1:45 PM, Marion Thompson
<marionwhitevale at gmail.com> wrote:
> I live in my miracle.  There's a Service Ontario place down by the Town
> Hall.  I went there the other day to a) renew my OHIP (medical coverage)
> card with new photo needed, and b) to renew my driver's licence.  Time
> elapsed, including photo and payment for the licence,  was maybe 10 minutes
> max.  Boy oh boy, the continuing delights of small town living.

We've got a limited-services Secretary of State office tucked away in
the basement of a Government of Cook County building near Chicago City
Hall, and it moves people through the process of getting a new picture
license card in just minutes. Those in the know can find it through
the Pedway from Macy's on State and other points downtown. And those
needing tests and wanting licenses for other things like truck driving
or chauffeuring can step over to a nearby full-service office under
the main Government of Illinois office building.

My secret little office described above lacks the usual document
police who check documents and seem to delight in finding out and
informing you that you don't have all the right papers to get what you
want, you stupid moron. The little office seems to have more ways to
get things done anyway.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA