[Magdalen] Christmas Eve..

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Fri Dec 9 16:25:16 UTC 2016

In a message dated 12/9/2016 10:07:16 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
scottknitter at gmail.com writes:

Gasp!  What's wrong with being from here? The  nerve!>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Episcopalian O/C's intensely dislike most North American accents or
IOW they hate rhotic accents.  Their constant haranguing for  their
choirs to sing non-rhotic like they were Ox-bridge natives tends to
give the impression that most North American accents are second  class.

I suppose there is little of this "problem" in the USA South or New
England,
New York/NJ - Long Island, where the accents are non-rhotic.

There has to be a happy medium.  I realize that hovering on the  "r"
consonants can be deadly, but there isn't anything second class
about North American accents, and it's where all the action is for
change in the English language.  Witness the Northern Cities  Vowel
Shift :-)

David Strang - Shifting with the rest of the Northern Cities, but  just
barely, in NE Pennsylvania.