[Magdalen] Gift for the young geek

Susan Hagen susanvhagen at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 16:57:47 UTC 2016

I have a young friend who is a Lego wizard.  He has a massive
collection of the basic blocks and of the smaller parts with which you
build planes, ships, sci-fi looking constructions.  He just turned 8,
is in 2nd grade but reads at about the 4th grade level.  I would love
to get him headed towards robotics but the kits are just too
expensive.  Also, he doesn't really have a mentor in the household who
can help him with the more advanced stuff and I live an hour away and
only get to visit occasionally.

Do you all have any suggestions for a Christmas gift?  Not more than
about $50.  Doesn't have to be a building set but something that would
appeal to the budding engineer.  I remember giving his older sister
star finder books, a hand held microscope.  I also just gave him
subscriptions to Ranger Rick and Nat'l Geographic Kids.  I looked at a
couple of maker type magazines but they seemed just too old for him
yet.

Thanks,
Susan

--
The alien who resides with you shall be to you as the citizen among
you; you shall love the alien as yourself, for you were aliens in the