[Magdalen] Prayer C correction

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 21:39:24 UTC 2016

Eucharistic Prayer C in the BCP 1979 (USA) has the bit about "God of
Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob" that is often inclusivized by adding the
names of their wives. I was trying to remember the version we used in
Michigan that was without any names and somehow official. Someone
finally shared it with me and I share it here partly so I'll be able
to find it again:

>>Captain Howard Galley – the author of Prayer C – offered his own correction (written, apparently, on his washing machine while doing the weekly wash):
“God of our holy and righteous ancestors, redeemer and mother of
Israel, God and father of our Lord Jesus Christ……”<<

I guess it's not really official because that revision would have
taken a vote of two successive General Conventions, but I think the
fact it came from the original author of the prayer was good enough
for our interim rector at the time. :)

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA