[Magdalen] RIP Alan Thicke, 69.

Sibyl Smirl polycarpa3 at ckt.net
Wed Dec 14 05:35:23 UTC 2016

On 12/13/16 10:12 PM, M J _Mike_ Logsdon wrote:
> sound unwell.<<<
>
> It was a heart attack.  They can sneak up.

My dad was still working at 75: did not want to retire, though he was
noticeably aging some.  He felt something below normal at breakfast one
morning, but not bad, he and Mom got into the car and drove the
quarter-mile or so to the Farmers' Union.  On the way there, my dogs
recognized the car going by, and ran out to chase them, causing Dad a
bit of tricky driving so they wouldn't be hit by another car or two that
were in "bad" places for them.  They pulled into the FU parking lot, and
Mom said, "Well, they made it." (they being my dogs, who'd gone back to
our yard).  Dad said "Yeah, with our help." Mom got out of the car and
went to unlock the building, looked back at Dad, who was slower, and saw
him on the concrete by his open car door, his face dark blue. He was
gone.  That fast, though he'd had his first heart attack when he was 57,
and had had a "murmur" since he was born (had been a high school
football star with that).

--
Sibyl Smirl
mailto:polycarpa3 at ckt.net