[Magdalen] Catching up

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 18:04:27 UTC 2016

Amen. The Milwaukee RC cathedral was one of my favorite religious
places before it was messed up. Vibrant liturgy and music and much
beauty. They may have some or all of this now, but I grieve a little
that the place as it was was thought to be useless and needing as
radical a redoing as it received.

I suppose there will always be the factor of someone trying to leave
their mark in a big way, and for +Rembert this may have been his. (He
had already left his mark on Benedictinism with his Thesaurus setting
out how Benedictines would pray post-Breviarium Monasticum.)

My misgiving in the discussions of possible BCP 1979 revision is that
I hope we can minimize the leaving-my-mark element from the project:
where longtime liturgists feel a new BCP needs to be part of their
legacy so that fuels a no-holds-barred push to get it done. I'm seeing
encouraging signs that a careful process is preferred, though.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA