[Magdalen] Wrestling

Grace Cangialosi gracecan at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 19:40:56 UTC 2016

Well, Jim, Ryan is a most determined kid. You may remember that he weighed 1-1/2 lbs. at birth and is legally blind and has mild cerebral palsy. Also extremely bright!
He's thrilled to have found a sport he likes, and one of the varsity players made a point of telling my daughter a couple of weeks ago how hard Ryan works during practice.
Last week, after I heard that he had lost all three matches, I asked if he was getting discouraged, my daughter said no--that, in fact, when he got home that night, he asked his dad if he could try a couple of moves (half of their garage is now occupied by a wrestling mat.). Apparently he took his dad down immediately!
At a meet last week he finally won a match, and Michelle said the whole place exploded in cheers!