[Magdalen] Quiet Pub

Susan Hagen susanvhagen at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 20:05:24 UTC 2016

I'm here.  I've spent a lot of the past week helping Cat's Cradle, the
cat rescue group I volunteer for, with their move to new quarters.
Our main building has been sold and we had only a short time to make
other arrangements which are far from ideal.  I'm very tired, cold and
achy from the exertion on top of my usual seasonal affective disorder
and fibromyalgia.

I intend to do as little as possible for Christmas activities.  I
think I can get the few packages I have to send wrapped and ready to
mail this weekend and handle most of the rest of my list with the
wonderful gouda from Our Lady of Angels monastery in Crozet Virginia.
http://www.olamonastery.org/cheese-making/.  Everyone I've ever given
it to has asked for more and I do recommend it to anyone who doesn't
like to shop and wants to support a good cause.  You can't order
online but you can print and mail an order form.  By now it's too late
for Christmas delivery but cheese tastes good in January or February
too.

I have declined the kind and usually welcome invitation up to Md. to
spend the holiday with friends.  I'll go to church Christmas Eve and
probably buy something good for dinner but that will be about it.  I
missed an Advent Lessons and Carols service I did want to attend
because I ended up adopting one of the last remaining kitties and
taking her home with me last Sunday.  She is a 6 year old brown
tabby/torbie girl cat named Jillian.  She was with us because her
owner died and I hated to see her go through any more upheavals.  She
has already settled into my household pretty comfortably.

Anyway, I just want the holidays done.  My thoughts and prayers will
be with all of you friends.

Susan

--
The alien who resides with you shall be to you as the citizen among
you; you shall love the alien as yourself, for you were aliens in the