[Magdalen] Rapapumpum

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 22:09:49 UTC 2016

A real delight, even if I have no concept of the South African symbolism in
the piece.  It's obviously striving to show everyone coming together, which
is something fervently to be hoped in every country, nation, land and place.

I remember when the song first came out. It's on the surface a shallow
little Xmas money-maker, but, no, it has captured hearts of many.  It was
used as a background for one of the most moving episodes in The West Wing,
when Toby exceeds his authority to arrange a military funeral for a
homeless vet who had gotten Toby's old coat at a thrift shop, and it had
Toby's business card in it, so he got The Call.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqLIH2UiPXg

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford