[Magdalen] Christmas Trees

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 13:47:22 UTC 2016

When my friend Carol's kids were toddlers and she also had a cat, she put
the tree in the playpen. Our solution to the problem was to put nothing but
unbreakable ornaments on the bottom of the tree. After we had two small
children, however, we moved to a house with casement windows, so the late
ex would pass a wire around the tree and wrap each end of it around one of
the handles of the window the tree stood in front of. That served us well
for many years. When the kids were teenagers, we moved again. No more
casement windows. He solved the problem by taking a large heavy piece of
wood over an inch thick  and about 18 inches square and nailing a Christmas
tree stand to it. No tree *ever* went anyplace.